Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Recent Life Synopsis

OK, if you are back for a second round of redheadedness then you are at least somewhat interested in my life, so I will tell you.

School: I went to college at St. Olaf from 1998-2002 and graduated with the super-nerdy degree of Classics and Ancient-Studies. I found that the sciences were not as appealing as they were once and also found a love for the ancient languages. It also helps that Olaf has one of the best, if not the best, Classics departments in the country. This degree has helped me as I am now in the midst of my second year at seminary. I take classes for 4 hours every Monday night and will probably finish in 2075....actually more like 2009 but it sure feels like it is going to be 70 years from now. After completing a Masters of Divnity I think at this point I'd like to either pastor/lead a church or teach at the college level. Consequently a PHD may be in order, but I may wait for that until my wife is making enough money to support me :). That brings me to my next point....

Love Life: Kate, my beautiful wife, soon to be the greatest audiologist in the world! Kate and I married amid an ice storm on January 1st, 2005 after being together for more than 6 years. She is a grad student at the U of M in audiology and will graduate about 6 months before me. She also holds time some part time work through the great company of ProStaff. Kate certainly compliments me and also lovingly puts up with my crap. We live at the U of M married student housing and enjoy our Minneapolis location, although we are so close to both cities we can never really choose which one we like best.


Work: After college I start to climb the ladder at a local bookstore chain in the Twins Cities. I met great people and still have friendships there, but after a manager position opened up and I was denied it I searched and found a great job: working in insurance! I know, not only am I more boring now, but I'm also more of a nerd. Actually the office is awesome, working with some people that I graduated college with as well as others. I'm person that you call up to complain about your rates to or explain what "P.I.P" stands for. I'm also the person who tells you, "What? you got a teenage boy turning 16 and getting his license? Enjoy 5 long years of super high rates, SUCKER!" Actually Farmers Insurance is a great company and does offer more discounts than any other company! I am the office manager and hold down the fort while my boss takes frequent trips to his home in Arizona. It's cool though, he deserves it after a long life of building one of the largest Farmers agencies in the country. Anybody need life insurance?

Other Stuff: For fun I enjoy lots of stuff, mostly getting together with friends. I also value my down time, it keeps me going through the rest of my week. During that time I like watching the Simpsons, playing baseball, or checking scores. Kate and I also found that we love to cook together so I enjoy making creations in the kitchen, with a pretty high success rate. Soon enough I will take on Mario Betalli on Iron Chef and as long as the ingredient is garlic I am sure to win!

Hope this satisfies your desire to know more about what is going on with me. I am also very interested in what is going on with you, so if you have a minute shoot me an email and let me know. Until we meet again......

3 comments:

Caleb M. Saarela said...

You got married, oh crap when was this?

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.