Friday, February 10, 2006

The Black Hole of Sports

We've entered it an there is no going back because, well, no one that I know of has a time machine. Speaking of time machines: Back to Future should win an Oscar every year for being one of the best movies of all time.
Back to the topic at hand. This black hole that has surrounded us is the affectionate name of the time of the year between when football ends and baseball begins. What else do we have? Basketball??? Are you kidding? I'd rather drink a bucket of sand. Watch Sportscenter....all the top ten highlights are DUNKS. That is what basktball has come to: dunks. It's like "Match the shaped block with the right hole" for big kids. Then there is hockey. I have more respect for hockey for sure and I love going to Wild games, there is nothing like a hockey game live. But I must admit that I am a bandwagon hockey fan and it is just really hard to get into it for me. Plus those games occur once every couple of days.

So where do we go and how can we escape this black hole? Well there is no place to run until Feb 14th affectionately known all over the world as Pitchers & Catchers Report Day. Even then, there is not much action. Thank God for the World Baseball Classic, that should provide some pop between P&C Report day, spring training, and opening day. If anyone has any suggestions on surviving this hopeless time, please let me know.

2 comments:

Caleb M. Saarela said...

Lots of blogging and talking about arbitration. Alfanso Soriano is a loser.
I got nothing I guess I will go bury my face in the ground.
At least the weekends have Gopher Hockey! That's about it. Stupid tie and Michigan Tech...

Anonymous said...

omg i love back to the future.