Friday, February 17, 2006

Now for something a little more less intense

So I was reminiscing about this the other day. Feel free to go back there with me:

So at my previous job at a local bookstore I was the music manager, assistant store manager....OK lets be honest I was the store manager. To do my music I had to receive the orders, update the system, blah blah blah who cares now. Anyway, much of the time I would sit in the back room with my good buddy Don. Don did the same thing for the books as I did the music. So we would sit in the back and chat away about mostly everything, but especially Carmen, Dino, and Krazy Kathy. Those three are just a trip together. We also talked about drywallin' a lot, which a euphemism for having a frosty brew. Of course some people working at the store just didn't like us talking about that, but we did it anyway, mostly to drive them crazy.

Well one day Don and I were sitting in the back doin' our usual thing and the supervisor at the time walked in the back with a new empolyee. This supervisor really didn't like us talkin' about drywallin'. The employee needed to know how to look up a book in one of the alternate systems we have. They were looking for a book by an author whose last name is "Pint". So after checking around for a few unsuccessful minutes the supervisor said "Well, it looks like Pint is not in our system". Without missing a beat Don quips, "I wish there was a pint in my system". This probably is not as funny reading it, but trust me, it was one of most hilarious things you'll ever hear.

Thanks for all the interest in the last post. If you are looking for some good reading on material that will surely challenge in your Christian walk I recommend, Donald Miller, he is the man. His two books are "Blue Like Jazz" and "Searching For God Knows What". Awesome books

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a pint in my system and it is only 3:30 on a Friday!

Anonymous said...

don, was that you who said that?

Anonymous said...

hey don, thanks for coming in today

Anonymous said...

No, not Don...

Anonymous said...

Don rocks and the rest just talk! He's my hero!