Monday, March 20, 2006

Fantasy Baseball Lineup

I'm sorry, I have to make this post. I don't think I've ever been this exctied about Fantasy Baseball ever. I know I am nerd, but I don't care, its tons of fun. I am really high on my team, so I need to share it with all of you. Bare in mind this is a keeper league, 12 teams, head to head based on points:

C: Victor Martinez, Indians
1B: Paul Konerko, White Sox
2B: Rickie Weeks, Brewers
3B: Scott Rolen, Cardinals
SS: Bobby Crosby, A's
OF: Bobby Abreu, Phillies
OF: Coco Crisp, Red Sox
OF: Barry Bonds, Giants
DH: Milton Bradley

Starting Pitcher: Johan Santana, Twins
Starting Pitcher: Bartolo Colon, Angels
Starting Pitcher: Curt Schilling, Red Sox
Relief Pitcher: Franciso Rodriguez, Angels
Relief Pitcher: Armando Benitez, Giants
Pitcher: Zach Duke, Pirates
Pitcher: Erwin Santana, Angels

Bench:
Bill Mueller, 3B, Dodgers
Bengie Molina, C, Blue Jays
Craig Biggio, 2B, Astros
Casey Kotchman, 1B, Angels
S. Chacon, SP, Yankees

OK, so why I am pumped. First of all I GOT MY BOY JOHAN. I have serious man love for Johan Santana. Plus, I GOT HIM WITH PICK NUMBER 9. Are you kidding me? The dude before me picked CARL CRAWFORD. I'm sorry, there's no comparison between those two. Second, I got power, speed, and average. Konerko gets me 40 HR's with Thome hitting behind him, Crisp and Weeks can run, and Abreu is just an all around 30-30 stud. I got Bonds....I know I know, he used steriods but you don't get suspended in Big Bottom Fantasy Baseball for Steroids! Plus, I picked him in like the 10th round so it was well worth the pick. Third, my pitching is sick. I have Santana and Colon, the two AL Cy Young Contenders, plus Schilling who is most likely going to return to dominant form. I got studly keepers for the next couple of years: Johan and Victor Martinez. I also like Milton Bradley this year: being the magic number 27 and hitting in a very much improved A's lineup. Let's hope he kips a lid on it, though. I like Bill Mueller coming off the bench, playing in a great Dodgers lineup and being reunited with Grady Liddle in LA. Last time he was with that coach he won the AL batting title. Bengie Molina could also be a sweet catcher considering the lineup he's in.

Anyway I think I am going to smoke everyone this year. Why? Because my team name is No Probalo

4 comments:

Caleb M. Saarela said...

Probably good you got Biggio to back up Weeks .239 BA and Biggio keeps hitting homers. I guess I'm not a believer...

mm said...

What, no Barry Bonds?

Redhead said...

Dude, Bonds is in my OF :)

mm said...

I meant the rest of him. Unfortunately, his neck has to have it's own OF spot. You should drop Coco Crisp and open up that space.